Main Menu

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hong Kong Action I: Introduction




by Tim Bernardino


Last few weeks, I've been playing a game called Sleeping Dogs. It's about an undercover police officer going undercover for the Hong Kong Police to infiltrate and bring down a triad organization called the "Sun On Yee". As he gets deeper and deeper in his cover, he gets too connected to everything around him that his sight starts to gets blurred on which side to serve.



This game really captured the feel of most of the Hong Kong Action Films; specially during the era of 80s and 90s. It reminded me most of those dubbed Jackie Chan action films I used to watch when I was young which made me download a bunch of Jackie Chan Films. Films like "Who Am I? (1998)""Armour Of God (1987)", my favorite Jackie movie "Wheels On Wheels (1984)", and most especially the "Police Story Series".

These kinds of films grabbed my attention when I was young because of how amazing the stunts were and -- well, because it's full of Kung-Fu. Who doesn't like Kung-fu? 


Now that I've rewatched it with my (somewhat) mature state of mind and understanding, I realized that It's not just about stunts and fight sequences; I realized that the stories were also a huge plus. Specially with Hong Kong's reoccurring stories in films about Undercover Cops fighting the Triads.

Filing my Nostalgia Gauge with JC movies left me wanting for more. More of Hong Kong's Action films. 

So, stay tuned as I venture Hong Kong's fine list of action-filled movies only here @filmRaid.


"HONG KONG ACTION II" CONTINUES


Posted on 9/20/2012 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bern Industries. Powered by Blogger.

Film-extraordinaires